- PenSim is a web-based simulator and runs on virtually all computer platforms
- PenSim is a program for dynamic simulation of fed-batch penicillin production based on an unstructured model.
- PenSim is designed especially for student education (Birol et al. 2000a), for experts in biotech industry and researchers in control systems area.
- PenSim can be used for
- empirical model development
- developing model order reduction algorithms
- process database construction for developing statistical monitoring/control tools
- applying optimization algorithms
- implementation of different controller designs
- studying controller performance assessment
- PenSim is an excellent tool for dynamic systems, control and biotechnology education
- PenSim has a data output structure which can be used as an input in most of those post processing programs such as spreadsheet and graphics programs.
- Simulation results are plotted directly from the simulator (PenSim uses gnuplot package).
- Simulations can be performed by changing:
- Initial conditions
- Batch/fed-batch switching time
- PenSim is a free software